Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Where I Am

One of the best things about being a reader, or a music fan, is to discover something-a song, a story-that exactly captures where you are or otherwise tells you something you need to know. You weren't seeking it, at least not overtly, but then it trumpets itself into the forefront of your attention and you, well, you're never the same again are you?


Ring

It's foolish to say I hear bells,
but I think that's the name, "Bells."
("Bells 2"?) It was playing the day I met you,
informing the world that you're mine,
you'll come when I call, your heart lit
to the ceiling, loopy with feeling,
a brilliant cut snapped open,
snapped shut in a full circle, trailing,
you want me to answer. I do.

-Lizzie Skurnick




(Lizzie,

Damn girl! I mean DAMN girl.
And thank you.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can that happen with songs that have no lyrics? As in, can a piece reach someone in the way you explained in a purely sonic fashion?

If so, may I humbly nominate Funki Porcini's "Purrfect", seven minutes of instrumental downtempo bliss, as the track that so reached me. There are many others, but that one in particular.

Oh yeah, and my suggestions for your playlist are done. I'll burn them tonight and put them in your box tomorrow. Hope they're not too late!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters