Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thank You

Dear Mr. President,

My nana was very religious about expressing thanks and that's how she raised me so I am writing to thank you for the check for $600 which arrived this week. Although I confess I am dubious about its success (I'm no economist but if part of the country's economic problem is people not handling money smartly-too much debt etc.-isn't giving them more like giving a bad drunk a free bottle?) it is appreciated. I was going to do my level best to do as you requested and spend it (I'd love a new tattoo or a splashy road trip) as opposed to saving it or paying bills with it, however things have worsened so much since this plan was orginally proposed in January I fear I will likely have to spend it on more prosaic things. I apologize if that does not stimulate the economy in the way you wanted but a girl's gotta eat.

Sincerely,

The Hoyden

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I decided that the best use of my stimulus check was to drive across the border into Mexico and use it to buy $600 worth of government subsidized gasoline. $2.50 a gallon, yum yum. I stuck it to the Regime and started a stockpile for the coming economic Apocalypse all in a single trip!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters