Friday, June 06, 2008

Triple Crown Glory?

Will Big Brown be able to pull it off tomorrow? I certainly hope so, after 30 years of waiting no one wants a Triple Crown winner more than this racing fan, but I gotta say I'm not completely convinced. I want to believe it's a done deal, like so many others do, then certain names pop in my head. Names like Charasmatic. Real Quiet. And Spectacular Bid , especially the Bid. Same scenerio with a loudmouth trainer who was then forced to scramble for an excuse after coming back empty handed in the Belmont. (A quarter crack would be an excellent excuse.) Perhaps it's just the years of waiting that have left me cynically sitting back with my arms crossed saying "Show me." But please know on the inside I'll cheering as loudly as anyone for the win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters