Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I've Come Up With

So all this recent celebrating of a milestone birthday leads one to thinking. Thinking about where you are and what you want. It's for damn sure I don't have all the answers but I have figured out a few things.


I have a great bunch of family and friends, as recently and amply demonstrated, so my only wish would be more of each, especially of the in town variety. Also, I need to not be the hard luck friend any longer. I had my turn, as the song goes "we all get a taste", but I'm done now. The new medication is very promising bringing welcome relief and blessed energy. I'll never be in love with its delivery system but it's more than doable. I have a terrific cat who's just perfect for me and a new car so those pieces are in place too.


I want a lover, a house and a dog though not necessarily in that order. I want to eventually get closer to the place I feel most at home, though if my retail nomad years have taught me anything it's that there are all kinds of homes. I also want what Mary Oliver calls "good work, ongoing"-something I can feel proud of and something that brings less financial fear and worry. I also want to finish my book(s) and see what it's like to not carry them around anymore. I feel that all of these characters, who are of course all pieces of me, have something to teach me and it's something I am keen to learn. I also wonder if they will be as interesting to other people as they are to me. I am curious what will pop up out of the bingo machine that is my mind after they are done.

So...not a map exactly but, at least it's a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters