Wednesday, May 07, 2008

So Not a Moment

I thought there was a moment.

You know-a boy, a girl-a moment. Then, well, months passed and I realized there was no moment except in my overheated imagination.

I'm rusty but not stupid.

What's the opposite of a moment? A nonmoment? An unmoment? Complete and absolute indifference?

Yeah, that's it.

But back when I thought there was a moment, when I was humming with the perceived moment, I made a CD for him. A CD that then, after I realized there was no moment, mocked me as it sat on my CD shelf. It said, "there was no moment, there was no moment". So, to stop the blasted mocking, I gave it to him.

The look on his face was something like if I had given him giftwrapped batshit.

Yeah, there was no moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters