Saturday, April 26, 2008

Exit Eudora, Enter WeeBug




I got a new car today.

I didn't want a new car, I was very much looking forward to no car payments and the many other creative uses I had thought of for that money. I liked my car. Eudora was the first car I ever bought on time and I was kind of proud of that. I also liked her nondescriptness-you could look up car in the dictionary and see her picture. If I was working undercover she would have been perfect.

But, as in often the case in these matters, that is not going to happen. So I got up my nerve and took care of business. I went for another Toyota, this time a Yaris, which is kind of a hybrid wannabe for those that can't afford an actual hybrid. It's little and cute. My friend Marla said it looks like a roller skate. Or perhaps a Cabbage Patch Doll shoe. Or a car the Weebles might drive. But the first one I saw was bright dragonfly blue and I thought it looked like an insect.

So, WeeBug.

And now that I have her I'm trying to enjoy the novelty-exploring all the buttons (she's the first car I have had with power anything. Imagine, you press a button and the window goes up or down-it's crazy!) putting her through her paces and showing her off to friends. Though my family would laugh at this (I'm frequently mocked for my granny speed driving) it's a real treat to be motoring again at full throttle. May we be happily motoring for years to come.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters