Friday, April 11, 2008

Me, Using a Smile as My Fucking Umbrella

Well, it's been a didn't-get-the-job-need-a-new-car-rent-gettin-raised kind of week. (Dang! That sounds like a Bottle Rockets song waitin to happen doesn't it? Hey Brian Henneman, you don't need any lyric writing help but you can have that, with my thanks.) And if that wasn't enough my 3 closest friends and my folks are all on trips right now-3 of which involve the ocean which I haven't seen for years. It's enough to make anybody a grumpy cappebara.

grrrr.

Thank goodness for a few bright spots that prevented me from losing it completely:

-A uber funny e-mail exchange wherein I asked a simple question about something another person is totally passionate about and they went on and on in such an eagerly earnest way it was hysterically, spit take funny. One of those times you're totally in love with how cool people can be.

-Sunday's Kathleen Edwards show (review to follow) All hail the restorative power of rock and roll!

-Last Friday when I was having such a bad evening I did the classic girly 'when the going gets tough the tough go shopping' thang and bought a couple of new shirts, one of which really shows off the goods if you're picking up what I'm laying down. There's a cruder name for it-I was going to go with the cinemantic 'They're called boobs Ed' shirt but based on Joe's reaction I think it's now forever going to be known as the "Whoa. Buttons." shirt. I hardly ever get that kind of attention-most compliments I get are work related which are nice but not that replayable. I'm not saying I'd want that all the time but for the burrito guy to say "Hey pretty lady" felt pretty good actually.

-A totally fabulous gift of a dream. Now I'm not much a dream girl myself, probably since I so rarely remember them, but this one was extraordinary. As regular readers know I have begun a self injected drug and it's been a struggle for me. I'm doing it but... it's rough. So in the dream there was a bunch of things going on but in the middle of all the hubbub was someone I know from back home whose fight againest cancer left him with a limp. In the dream though he walked in a circle to demonstrate he was limp free and then held up a telegram for me to read which said "No limp. (stop) You too." and then smiled at me in the most encouraging way. If only my psyche was aways so nice to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters