Friday, April 04, 2008

Long Time No Blog

With all the big doings this week I've been in too much of a dither to blog. (And isn't dither a good evocative word for it too?) So now, a smorgasboard of smatterings:

-My nephew Devin got baptised on Sunday. He was a total champ, not even crying when the water was poured over. My two favorite parts were Devin being raised up over the priest's head at the end like a spoil of war ("Baby-we got the baby!"- it was like we should all erupt in a "Braveheart" like cry) and Father Mike's futile effort to avert his eyes from Devin's godmother's chest tattoo (she's like a classy version of a Suicide Girl). Bet they didn't cover that in seminary.

-There were way too many family photos last weekend and I believe once again that my mercurial beauty remained elusive. Dammit, I hate that.

-I discovered the key to remaining calm during a job interview. You just pack the time around it with things that scare you way worse and you'll feel calm in comparison. Talking to a VP? Whatever! Elucidate my qualifications for this position? Sure, no problem!

-I gave myself the second shot which was, as my friend Jeanne predicted, tougher than the first. When you know it's coming and there's no one around to make you do it, it is way more of a mental battle. It also hurt more than the first one but maybe that was just protective memory kicking in. I was amused that the meds came from the specialty pharmacy in big cooler that made me look like I ordered a DIY transplant kit. Unfortunately, there was no gift with purchase.

-Since I am now generating biohazardous medical waste I get to have my very own sharps container. It's bright red and very scary. I'm thinking of decorating it. Perhaps one of my crafty friends could make a cozy for it-I smell an entrepreneural goldmine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'll be needing your sharps container's measurements, pronto! Thank you.

Mahalo!
C

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm still thinking bubble wrap would be both decorative and stress relieving...maybe if we can find it in cheery colors...

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm still thinking that bubble wrap is the answer...decorative and yet a stress reliever. Maybe we can find some in different colors....

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters