Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thank God It's Tuesday

Cause Tuesday is new release day and I had two reasons to be happy-new Kathleen Edwards and rereleased Whiskeytown. I was so tempted to buy them early after I unboxed them (those suckers don't keeper and sticker themselves) but I was good and instead used them as carrots to get me through an emotionally pinballing couple of days. And after more weather (winter fatigue is the disease de jour), store reorganization (read more work same pay) extreme e-embarassment (who knew Facebook was so much like 5th grade?) and a walloping blast from the past (when found art bites you on the butt) I could use a few treats.

"Asking For Flowers" is the new Kathleen. The title comes from a conversation she had with a fan, a real 'sometimes you feel like a nut' one according to Kathleen, who used the expression and then said, "You know what I mean?" When Kathleen professed ignorance the woman said, "They are the kind that sends flowers or they aren't-hoping for flowers if they aren't isn't going to do a damn thing for you." Crazy or no, that's some sensical advice on useless desire. I've only listened twice so far but so far it's great.

The other is the rerelease of "Stranger's Almanac" complete with a giant sticker on the front that proclaims RYAN ADAMS' CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FIRST BAND. It wasn't technically, and I feel kind of bad for the rest of the band but I know what they're getting at and I am pleased by the reissue especially by the 24 previously unreleased tracks. Talk about making it worth my while!

Again, I say Thank God It's Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters