Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Every Monday Matters-Monday 07

This week's task was to write a letter to a soldier which I was happy to do even if I kinda cringed at the book's direction to "write a letter to a military hero". (Hero is so overused-personally I'm more interested in corroponding with someone who doesn't think of themselves that way.) I just finished reading a book partially set at a military hospital that was dedicated to a soldier so the timing felt right. (Don't you just love that kind of synchronicity?)

If you don't know a soldier personally there are loads of sites dedicated to reaching out to soldiers all over the world-just type a few key words in your search engine and you'll be hooked up. All the sites I visited while doing this research all emphasized that the number 1 thing that all soldiers wished for was mail. Being one of those people who get temporarily grumpy when the mail is crap I totally get that. As I said last week make good mail for others. So on that note Staff Sargeant Vicky Peters, you've got mail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters