Friday, February 29, 2008

My Dirty Dirty Pants

So my go to jeans right now are Lucky brand. For those non jean experts Luckys are in the middle of the price spectrum-not cheap like Old Navy (aka Old Slavey) but not movie star expensive like 7 for All Mankind. (Admittedly, I mostly shop at thrift stores so my idea of a fair price is somewhat skewed.) In addition to their accompanying clothing line, Lucky's trademark is the message on the fly. There, on each pair, is a punny play on their name. (Mine says 'Lucky You'.) My question is, should an almost 40 year old really be wearing pants with a dirty message on the crotch? It's kind of like when I rented my wee studio and considered getting one of those loft beds that gives you space underneath till I thought what if I did bring someone home? How completely would the mood be ruined by having to say "Don't slip on the ladder" or "Mind your head"?

Now I inherited these pants so the price was totally right (lucky me indeed!) and since they are the closest thing I have to good butt pants right now I'm not giving them up. (At this juncture no one's seeing my fly but me.) I don't think I'm ready for the Joy Behar recommended adjustable waist Chicos pants just yet but perhaps there's some happy medium?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters