Monday, January 21, 2008

Every Monday Matters-Monday 03

The word for today is backronym which is, of course, an acronym made backwards. This is relevant because today's task pertains to AMBER Alerts. AMBER was named for Amber Hagerman who was kidnapped and murdered in Texas but I didn't know it also stands for America's Missing Broadcast Emergency Response (the backronym bit). I myself already paid attention to the alerts when they happened but today I did add a wireless alert feature to my cell phone (I used wirelessamberalert.com but I'm sure there's more than one way to do it) so if there's one within 5 zip codes of home I'll get a text message. (And no, there is no charge at least not for the major carriers. If you have a more fly by night carrier you may want to double check before signing up.) Considering 336 children have been reunited with families since AMBER Alerts started being issued it seems little enough to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters