Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Best Audio of 2007

Eat Pray Love Elizabeth Gilbert

I loved loved the book but read aloud by the author it was even better. I so think Liz and I could be buds.

Julie & Julia Julie Powell

Ditto above except Julie could totally outdrink and outcook me. Though I think Amy Adams is great I'm having trouble seeing her play foulmouthed profane Julie.

March Geraldine Brooks

I went on and on about this one and it just gets better in retrospect. Now I want Brooks to do my other favorite books.

The Yiddish Policeman's Union Michael Chabon

So well read by actor Peter Reigert this imaginary 'what if?' world was so real to me.

Sweet & Low Rich Cohen

A crazy wild family history.

Silence of the Lambs Thomas Harris

Post movie and hundreds of imitators later (Chelsea Cain anyone?) it's easy to forget how good this book is, it's the difference between paint by numbers and the real thing. Too bad Harris drove his most famous creation into the ground.

True Grit Charles Portis


Special Topics in Calamity Physics Marisa Pessel

I already praised these versions-the audio interpretations made me like these books even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters