Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Happy Holiday Story

So my happy holiday story starts like this.

Still thinking about how much I liked Northline I was trying, like the last of the true believers, to help the cause. Besides handselling it like crazy when it comes out (and forcing my staff to do likewise) what else could I do? Give my testimony of course. I'm not normally a schmoozer but I had a friend pave the way for me to speak to the fiction buyer about it. I made my case and said I thought Borders should put some weight behind it, perhaps including it in our Original Voices program which highlights new or emerging authors. The buyer said she wished that I wrote the description as mine was more compelling than the publisher's catalogue and that she'd give it a shot. She also said Willy should thank me as "you may have just changed the course of his writing career".

I, too, like to think of it in those heroic terms.

So, not a week later a package shows up on my desk from the author himself! He sent a present with a nice note that thanked me for my help and said "I tried real hard with that one."

aww.

Me too, Willy, me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters