Thursday, January 17, 2008

Primary Blues

Well, I did vote on Tuesday though I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I usually do. Because Michigan moved it's primary and messed with the general order of things the Democrats declined to let it count so unless you were voting Republican, it kind of seemed pointless. Usually postvosting I get that self satisfied 'I've done some good' feeling-it's better than getting the oil changed or your teeth cleaned but not this time. I tried to comfort myself with the thought that there'll be a lot less political ads now (especially by Romney who spent big here) and no more national news coverage where the name Michigan was inevitabily followed by the phrase 'the worst unemployment in the nation'. But even these fail to cheer. Hopefully November will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters