Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Give Up

Three times in the last month I have attempted to plan surprise birthday parties for people and three times they have ended in abortive failures. Well, it doesn't take a brick to fall on my head (just three abortive failures apparently) I am officially out of the surprise business.

I'm not mad, people should get what they want for their special day even if that is, well...nothing. It's hard to be upset at people for ruining plans they didn't know anything about (though in every case I gave it the old college try) but I must say I don't really get it. What could be better than a bunch of people you love scheming and planning for you to demonstrate their regard? And if there's cake and presents thrown in so much the better right?

I want to go on the record right now and say I love surprises. Anybody who wants to throw me a party is welcome to at any time. Just tell me where to show up and I'll be there with bells on. Or a party hat, I'm totally flexiable.

1 Comments:

Blogger 337is said...

I've heard the Margaret Noori once threw a cake on the floor when she was caught by a surprise party she did not want. That's dramatic!

I had to write "drypoox" as the word verification to post this ... sounds like a disease!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters