Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cute Niece Story #1

Two weekends ago we had a special guest at my house-my boyfriend's niece, Carly, came for a sleepover. Carly is 3 and one of his special favorites (he has like 13 nieces now-it's a very girly family). She is the daughter of an English teacher and a lawyer so she's nothing if not well spoken. My favorite exchange concerned my cat, UFO, who fascinated Carly. The cat has all her claws and has never, in the 10+ years I've had her, had a positive experience with a small child. So I gave Carly a long warning, that she had to be careful with UFO because if she wasn't she could get scratched and then she'd cry. Sure enough, I turned around and she had a scratch. I asked where it came from.

"Mira did it." (This is another cat not around at the time.)
"Was it Mira or UFO?"
"Goofy did it (she had trouble with UFO's name) but" she said with intensity, "I didn't cry.''


At another family gathering the following weekend she said, "Sam, remember a long time ago when I slept over at your house?"

"You mean last week?"

"Yeah, last week. Goofy scratched me."

"I know, is it better?"

"Yes. You know cats are still my favorite land animal."


Favorite land animal-she's 3.

And she cracks me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters