Friday, August 04, 2006

One Less Thing to Bitch About

One of my most regular rants, usually triggered by my new multimedia release prep at work, is the absence of some of my favorite TV shows from DVD. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that "Lancelot Link Secret Chimp" (he's a chimp and an international spy!) is now available on DVD but where is "China Beach"? Or "WKRP"?

But another title I would have thrown in that mix, the very witty "Animaniacs", is happily now available. A brainchild of Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, it is cartoons for adults. Yeah, the kids might like the songs but most of the jokes will be way over their heads. It's nonstop snappy patter and pop (and most every other kind of culture) references go by so fast it's great to see it on DVD where you can slow it all down. The most successful other team from this anthology show, Pinky and the Brain, are also now available in their own boxset. I look forward to many happy hours (narf!) getting reaquainted with those crazy Warners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters