Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Judi Dench Kicks Ass

I've got another Netflix recommendation for you.

I was having a ooogy health day today and was immensely cheered by watching "Mrs Henderson Presents". It is a funny movie about a widow kicking up her heels while running a nude musical theater in London in the 1940s. Dame Judi seemed to be having a swell time flashing her eyes at Bob Hoskins (who even goes ''full monty" in this one) and delivering some belly laugh inducing one liners. It is a tribute to her spunk that when it was over I didn't want to be one of the comely nude beauties I wanted to be her. If you're looking for smart funny, Not "Benchwarmers" funny you should check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger LMR said...

I've been meaning to watch this one and just haven't gotten around to it. We got cable for my birthday and canceled our Netflix subscription because . . . well, it was just TOO much entertainment for us to consume. Maybe it will come on our On Demand and I can watch it then. Sounds great!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters