Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer Song 2006

I have finally chosen my summer song. There's something about this season that cries out to be captured with a song. I'm not sure what it is-it's languid nature? The way it encourages people to get together? I don't know. I certainly don't feel compelled to choose a fall song or a winter song. Only summer.

The other thing (for me at least) is that the song really chooses me not the other way around. It's taken a while this year but I am finally ready to announce. (insert musical flourish here)

It's a tie!

"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley

Actually not one person with a really odd name but 2 DJs collaborating, this one has a fresh thumping bass paired with some old school soul-ish vocals. Not usually what I would seek out maybe but me likey, me likey.

"The Way We Operate" by Gomez

I adore the opening of this song (banjo solo!) and it's ups and downs. I don't have the CD yet so I mostly hear it in the car and I have this whole little car dance worked out. Very fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters