Saturday, December 10, 2005

"Cindy, It Was Always You"

As we all know, life is messy. You really don't get that satisfying "full circle" thing very often. (Perhaps that's why it's expected in our entertainment?) This leads to lots of crazy behavior from people seeking the "c" word. (That'd be closure, friends.)

Lucky me, I got a little of that this week when my boyfriend found a promo copy of the new Steve Wynn & the Miracle 3 record, "tick tick tick", which features a song cowritten by George Pelecanos. As regular readers of this blog know I had dinner with Mr Pelecanos earlier in the year and made a (memorable) ass out of myself over the inspiration of said song. (See "My Dinner With Pelecanos")

The good news is the song, "Cindy, It Was Always You" rocks. It's fun and dirty in all the right ways-not surprising given the man's books. (Hello ice cube sex scene!) I really like the song's build, it has some cool harmonica and a sharp, sharp hook. All and all, a fine addition to the "chick name song" canon.


**"tick tick tick" is due to be released in the US in 2006-please look for it then***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters