Friday, October 28, 2005

I've Got Breeders Cup Fever!

Tomorrow is Breeders Cup Day! For Thoroughbred racing fans it's like the Super Bowl and World Series rolled into one. Or maybe it's more like the Olympics since it features champions from all over the world. (?) Anyway, it's big. Besides Derby Day it's my favorite sporting day of the year.

I'm not the handicapper of the family (that would be my dad) I'm more the racing historian but here are my picks:

Juvenile Fillies - Folklore
Juvenile - First Samurai
Filly & Mare Turf - Film Maker / Wonder Again
Mile - Singletary
Sprint - Lost in the Fog
Distaff - Ashado/Society Selection
Turf - Shakespeare/Better Talk Now
Classic - St. Liam (My sentimental favorite is Sir Shackleton since I admire his namesake so.
I'm also a Rock Hard Ten fan but he has trouble winning outside of California)

Check it out at 1pm on NBC- go baby go!

1 Comments:

Blogger LMR said...

I have to say that I read this post and I think, "I have no idea whatsoever what this is about!" I am obviously very ignorant in the way of horses. You'll have to give me a primer one of these days.

On an unrelated note, I though I would mention that you should be able to go in and delete any of the junk mail comments you've received. I went through and deleted mine and it makes life happier because you're not fuming, "Oh how I hate those junk mail posts!" every time you read your own blog!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters