Monday, October 24, 2005

One Good Reason I Love Marla

I had a great friendship moment last week that I'm still thinking about. My folks were in town and my friend Marla and I had dinner with them. We were strolling down Main Street, full of food and (in my case at least) too much wine. We stopped to browse the remainder tables at Afterwards, the discount bookstore. They had a stack of George Pelecanos' Soul Circus so I flipped it over to say hey to my author crush (too much wine remember).

"Hello George."

"Hey, he's really good looking," Marla said in surprise.

"Of course," I sputtered in indignation, "would I have a crush on a crusty.."

She stopped me with a look. A look that said not only have you, you probably will again. Yeah, she had my number alright. Still, it's a pleasure to have someone you love call you on your shit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love being loved!! i feel like an ultra famous celebrity to have been blogged. i love being loved!!

and i also appreciate that you put up with my "looks". afterall, everyone knows my poor taste in the boy category! so, i would hardly call george crusty. afterall, he wrote you a real letter! he rates!

~marla

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters