Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Very Good Day

If you write, any day you get published is a good day. For me, yesterday was one of those days.

Now I love blogging as much as the next dork but that's all me. Getting published for real, in black and white, is something else entirely. It means someone else picked you.

I'm happy to say that was the case for Bookmarks magazine. I wrote their "What to Read" column in the November/December issue and yesterday it showed up at my store. When I came in at 11 several staff rushed me at the door, "It's here! It's here!" Copies were bought and autographed ( a first!) and posted on the breakroom fridge-it was all very loving and supportive. And close enough to what I really want to be tremendously motivating. It's not my book being published, not yet, but it'll help when that seems like the wildest kind of folly.

Yes, it was a very good day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem surprised that "someone else picked you"....not me because I spotted the writing talent gene you share with your Dad a long, long time ago. Still, it's great that "someone else picked you." Sure wish you'd called me to share the good news.

Anyway, I like reading these....keeping blogging and get to work on that book!!! Love,

4:14 PM  
Blogger 337is said...

Congrats Sam! That's great news. Those weenies in the A2 press don't know what they're missing!

12:27 PM  
Blogger LMR said...

Congratulations on your published work! That is quite an accomplishment, but even more exciting when you have friends who are celebrating it so enthusiastically with you! Hooray!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters