Friday, February 01, 2008

Snowday Serendipity

Today we had out our third big winter storm of the season and for once I didn't have to open. In fact, I didn't even have to work at all. Instead, I was a fighter in the Resistance ("Army of Shadows"), in the courtroom with Leopold and Loeb ("Compulsion") and in the corriders of power in Baltimore ("The Wire") all without ever leaving the comfort of my flannel snowglobe pajamas.

And in an example of scary good timing I also got a package today. (Yes, the UPS driver was totally into my pjs.) My friend Carrie, a master thrifter, sent me her greatest find yet-a stunning homemade quilt that has all manner of cool quotes ("The Simpsons", "Buffy", and "Sports Night" among others) ironed on it. In brief,

Best.
Adult.
Snowday.
Ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dad Stuff said...

Grown ups can have snow days? Sounds like you had a fun one.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters