Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving:The Good News Bad News Holiday

Good news-This was not the year that Borders decided it was a good idea to have stores open on Thanksgiving so I had the day off.

Bad news-6 hours away from family and already having celebrating my Thanksgiving last week with them I was left with no real plans. (Take right hand, form L on forehead.)

Good news-My friend Marla was in town from Atlanta.

Bad news-Marla's family and the miserable weather were driving her so crazy she was miserable and wanting to cut her trip short.

Good news-She came over in the morning and we hung out, went to the new IHOP (it was surprisingly crowded-apparently we weren't the only ones at loose ends) and the movies.

Bad news-I had picked up a stomach bug on Wednesday and couldn't properly enjoy any food much less Rooty Tooty Fresh n' Fruity.

Good news-I have now lost 2 whole sizes, the grief diet being the most effective known to man. This was confirmed by Marla bringing some clothes for me that were out of her rotation. (On the friend/clothes seesaw I am the one currently in the air.)

Bad news-When I wore a pair of the new pants on Friday (I was psyched for new clothes, it's been a while) I had a reaction (to the dye? detergent?) so now, even if I get them cleaned, they will forever be the rash pants.

1 Comments:

Blogger hellokitty9276 said...

there is seriously no surprise that pants of mine are rash pants!! i am sorry sweetie. but i sure did laugh!!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters