Saturday, October 27, 2007

Breeders Cup 2007

Well, it's over for another year with its attendant buzz and letdown. (Though getting free of the commercials will be good- 7 hours of the same ones at every break is a bit much.) Now starts the racing hibernation, at least for those of us not near a track, until next spring. It was 2 great days of racing despite the slop though there was a sad note in the Classic. I had already started mentally composing this entry with thanks that no injuries occurred but then in the last race the British superstar George Washington broke a leg and had to be put down. As a fan it's always hard but especially so when it happens on racing's big day.

Some highlights:

-I picked 5 winners which is good for me (I'm a better historian than handicapper). My winners were Mayfield, Indian Blessing, War Pass, Midnight Lute and Ginger Punch.

-The track announcer and official voice of the Breeders Cup, Trevor Denmen, always has a great call but the one for Indian Blessing was especially fun-as she romped he said, "pick up your feet you wanna catch me".

-I am always happy to see ESPN racing coverage as they prominantly feature my TV sports crush, Randy Moss (the commentator not the player), but Randy might have some competition now from Laffitt Pincay III who made his debut today as the Winner's Circle reporter. All I can say is hubba hubba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters