Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grace at the Speedway?

So I slipped home to Kentucky for a few days to see my new nephew and yesterday when I was driving back I was filled with a sense of dread. I had just had such a nice time-we had a mock Thanksgiving since I won't be there for the real thing- that I didn't want to come back. Though I know it's a sin to wish your life away I was just wishing the holidays were already over. Nobody expects you to be cheerful in January or March.

So I stopped in Piqua, Ohio for lunch and some cheap (well, under $3) gas and as I am pulling in to the Speedway I see, written in a chain link fence with white styrofoam cups, the words GOD BLESS YOU SAM. Now, judging by the flags, I knew the message was for a departing (hopefully not departed) soldier, not for me but just because it wasn't for me doesn't mean it can't speak to me. I did feel my personal clouds lighten some. Who knew a trip to Piqua could do that?


*Good thoughts to soldier Sam, wherever he or she may be heading.*

1 Comments:

Blogger hellokitty9276 said...

i love piqua!! it is the bright spot on that drive. i am happy to hear that after you passed swamp jesus...you got a message from him!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters