Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Always More Bottom

As I have written before Meadow has proven to be a bit of a handful and that choice of words fits completely after this weekend. On Sunday morning I was checking e-mail before work and she hopped up on the desk as she has a thousand times before. And as I have done a thousand times before I grabbed her to put her down but unlike every other time this time she turned on me, savaging my hand. I don't know if she was startled or not confident in my grip on her but between her teeth and claws she did quite a number on me. Despite having to describe the incident numerous times now I'm still not exactly sure how it all happened, it was over so quickly with me left trying not to scream. Because I was the sole opener I had to still go to work and wait for the next person to get in before I could get medical attention, a fact for which I was rounded chastised by the doctor. The doctor visit also included a giant shot, the slow kind, which led me to pass out causing all sort of other fun. All in all, not a good day. So, even though it feels like failure, I am taking this as a sign that my feeling that Meadow and I aren't a good fit is true. Much as I hate to be petless I'll have to give her up and start looking for a new companion. It just confirms the pessimistic thought that when you think you've hot rock bottom sometimes you find there is always more bottom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters