Friday, July 06, 2007

Adventures in Dogsitting

We have an extra dog for a week-Penny has come to stay while her family goes to the beach. She had an anxious moment or two last night-Joe mocked my interpretation of her middle of the night begging for attention but I really do think it was her "I'm on this sleepover and it was fun for awhile but now I want to go home right now" moment. There was so much hubbub at his house when he was young it was probably a treat for him to get away but I clearly remember several sleepovers that I was excited for until I got there and well into it then I wanted nothing more han to go home. Things at other people's houses were so strange. They ate weird things and had odd habits they all took for granted. But dads were the strangest. I lived with my mom during most of what could be considered 'the sleepover years' and dads, well, they were a bit of a mystery to me.

So I soothed Penny as best I could, got her doll for her (she is a girl) and assured her we would have fun and then she could go back to the best place of all-home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters