Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Confessions of a Chalk Eating Weasel

Drumroll please.

My Derby horse is Brother Derek. Yes, I know he's the favorite (favorites have not fared so well on the first Saturday in May lately-see Giacomo 2005) and he comes from California (there hasn't been a California winner in a good long time) but of all the prep races I saw, his Santa Anita win was the most impressive. I saw him up close in paddock on Tuesday and he looks great-fit and shiny. There was a filly in the paddock at the same time who got away from her handler and led the outriders on a merry chase but Brother Derek was calm through it all. Yes, there's a full field and who knows what could happen in the stampede but Brother Derek is my horse. We'll know Saturday afternoon whether it's egg on my face or chalk on my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters