Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Old Kentucky Home

I'm blogging this week from my hometown Louisville, Kentucky. I come home every year for Derby and my birthday (yes, in that order). It's a good time and an easy, if very Christian, drive. First, there's the plastics factory that proclaims CHRIST IS THE ANSWER ("Rabbi, I have one word for you. Plastics.") then the Solid Rock church with its giant Jesus emerging from the reflecting pool with his cross (my boyfriend said "Look, the Jesus water slide!") and finally the looming Jesus sign in the landfill with the ABORTION KILLS logo (of that he would only say, "Good place for it."). Now I'm a big a fan of Jesus as the next lapsed Catholic, but one right after each other in a six hour drive is a bit much. Seperation of church and state is one thing but it's enough to make you long for some seperation of church and driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters