Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Hear a Timpani

The word for the day is timpani. The reason for the choice is the song I am currently obsessed with has a timpani providing the major beat. It started when I heard on NPR that you shouldn't buy the Arctic Monkeys (new hot British import destined for flavor of the month status) but Clearlake (similiar sound with more gravitas and proven track record). So I did. The record is titled "Amber" and the song in question is "It's Getting Light Outside" and yesterday I had to listen to it 7 times. Today? Maybe more.

With songs I get obsessed easily but I am very fickle, a new song could come along and then I can't stand to listen to the old one more than once anymore. But I will play the current fave to death-until the dogs cover their ears with their paws or the downstairs neighbor pounds on the ceiling. In fact, I think it's time for the day's first listen right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters