Friday, February 17, 2006

21st Century Sexism?

As previously stated, I am a huge Olympic fan and have been shocked at one of the big stories from these games about why there is no women's ski jumping. Apparently, according to one of the officials I heard, it is considered too dangerous for "medical reasons". I'm not sure what having a uterus has to do with racing down a long hill and flying through the air-I figure the men are as likely to break their neck as anybody. I only heard the one quote so I'm not sure if the next thing coming were accusations about hysteria and directions to the fainting couch but this guys sounds like he's only a arm's throw away from Dabney Coleman in "9 to 5". Wake up gentleman, it's the 21st century. That's not chivalry anymore, that's chauvinism and it needs to change.

1 Comments:

Blogger tigtog said...

Oh yeah: I hated this story too. The reek of paternalism is gaggifying.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters