Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's Olympic Time Again

I love the Olympics and it's not just the sports part of it. I didn't make it too far in my sports career, I ran track in high school and played intermural volleyball in college, so the "lessons" sports are supposed to teach stayed with me more than someone who took it a lot further. Those lessons are things like-it's not important whether you win or lose it's how you play the game and it's more important to be a good loser than a good winner. Nowhere in the televised sports world are these more evident than in the Olympics. The one person teams from countries you'd be pressed to find on map that you will never get to see compete no matter how good your cable is-that's the kind of thing I love. They are there to play and represent anyway.

Last night when the lone Kenyan walked in the announcers explained that in the last Winter Games he had finished 4 hours behind the winner in his event but when he did finally make it the winner was there to greet him. And, he named his son after that guy.

That's the kind of stuff I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters