Thursday, February 23, 2006

Updates

-We have our first entry in the Thyroid Music sweepstakes! My friend Marla burned her collection, "It's Not a Goiter" last night. It's a mellow mix of young artists (heavy on the Josh Ritter) and you know what? I feel better already. Keep 'em coming!

-David Manchel, whose song "Tonight We Go to the Show" was featured on my 2005 Favorites CD had another song, "One Swell Foop" featured in the movie, "Big Momma's House 2". I didn't see the movie but apparently it's featured in a beach scene. Way to go David!

-I was excited to hear Hoyden favorite George Pelecanos was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Novel for Drama City. I don't know enough about the Edgars to handicap but he certainly is well thought of by his peers. I'll have my fingers crossed for him. (I've never seen an Edgar Award-I think it'd be cool if it was just a Poe head.)

1 Comments:

Blogger mike g said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5WI8IKLC

Here's a link to a mix I put together for you. It's called "My Life's Not That Bad Blues". Just hit the link and you can download it to your computer and unzip the file.

Here's the track listing:
1. Ryan Adams - The Rescue Blues
2. Rolling Stones - Ventilator Blues
3. Dave Alvin - East Texas Blues
4. Danny Barnes - Big Girl Blues
5. Black Keys - Aeroplane Blues
6. Lightnin' Hopkins - Stool Pidgeon Blues
7. Bottle Rockets - White Boy Blues
8. Bright Eyes - Land Locked Blues
9. Nina Simone - Backlash Blues
10. Clem Snide - Messiah Complex Blues
11. Kings of Leon - Day Old Blues
12. Jay Farrar/Kelly Willis - Rex's Blues
13. the Bygones - Tanque Verde Blues
14. Waylon Jennings - Waymore's Blues
15. the Silver Jews - Black and Brown Blues
16. Devil in a Woodpile - Whiskey Headed Blues
17. Sam Cooke - Trouble Blues
18. Peter Case - Matchbox Blues
19. Alvin Youngblood Hart - Pony Blues
20. John Lee Hooker - Worried Life Blues
21. Louvin Brothers - Stuck Up Blues
22. Gillian Welch - White Freightliner Blues

I hope you like a track or 2.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters