Friday, July 11, 2008

So Much Water Under the Bridge

So, as part of my 'out with old' iniative, I sold some gold the other day (as in WE BUY GOLD) and I have to say it was an experience, if not the one I thought it would be. I thought, when one of the objects in question is your wedding ring, there might be some feelings, like country music song feelings. You know those "by itself it's just a thing/only love can make a golden wedding ring" feelings.

But not so much.

In reality it was a business transaction and I was more curious about the stories that the jeweler wasn't telling (you just know he has some good ones) than with any reminiscing. He did ask if I wanted to try it on one more time and though you won't ever hear me say anything bad about the wasband (when you are the cause of the heartbreak that's just not cool) I wouldn't have put that ring on again for anything. It has been 15 years since I was divorced and the fact that those wounds are so firmly healed gave me hope that newer, fresher ones will heal up good too. Plus I have a check earmarked for ?? -something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters