Thursday, February 07, 2008

No, It Really is Groundhog Day

So I went back to the doctor for "TB Test II: The Sequel" today and, as I suspected , the new test was a negative. However, as an item of interest I felt compelled to point out that last week's site has now gone crazy inflamed which doesn't make any sense. It's not "House" weird or John Merrick freakish, just one of those weird body things. We hope. Worst case if site #2 goes crazy we treat for TB and call it good.

The bigger deal was that I couldn't start the Humira today because I have a cold (or it could be strep, it hasn't really made up it's mind yet) and you cannot start it if you have any sort of infection. I was torn between feeling like I'd won another reprieve and being dismayed since I had my courage all screwed to the sticking point-literally. I considered lying but that's no way to start my new painfree life. We did go through the training though and it might have been a good thing actually since I could ask lots of questions and practice without being freaked out by knowing that a real shot was forthcoming. After 3 practice injections into my fake 'leg' I gotta say the Humira pen is a pretty cool tool. I still don't want to have to use it but they really could not have made it any easier short of, you know, making it a pill. Hopefully, with an armed one when the time comes, I'll still be a fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters