Monday, July 23, 2007

Looks Like We Made It

It is accomplished!

2100ish books later the last Harry Potter book release is done. It's deflating but also a huge relief. Everything went well-people were excited and happy except one crabby woman which, given we had 1000+ people crammed into a 25,000 square foot store, is not at all a bad average. The district manager showed up at just the right moment, when we were looking our best, to tell us there was hardly a crowd at the competition. There was a moment when things were at their zenith when I thought, "I'm the ranking officer here, I'm in charge of all this" and I felt very small in my Hogwarts robes but then 14 things immediately popped up and took my attention elsewhere. (For any "Bull Durham" fans yes, that was the 'don't think Meat' moment.) The allocations were good-we have stacks and stacks still-so even the following days ( postanticipation is truly the worst part) were fine.

The only flaw was getting the short end of the schedule stick (I'm still 4 days away from a day off) which has severely cut into my reading time. I'm only on Chapter 4 and keep having to say "Don't tell me!" to all the other staff who are long finished and dying to talk about it. But that's okay too, it is the last one so it's good to make it last. I've been told some of the things I've been saying all along do come to pass which is cool even if I don't know what it means yet.

On to Chapter 5!

1 Comments:

Blogger hellokitty9276 said...

congrats luv. sounds like a blast. i was there in spirit! if i went the following day...does that count? even if i was buying a book from eastern thought?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters