Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Not Much to Look At

After getting 4 rolls of film developed in as many weeks (yep, I'm old school that way) all I can say is it's a damn shame I'm not more photogenic. Inevitably, I look drunk even when dry sober. Occasionally there'll even be some cross eyed action which is interesting since I'm not cross eyed to look at. The photos of myself that I actually like can probably be numbered in the single digits. I'm certainly always game to have my photo taken so unwillingness is not the cause. I've even been known to elbow people out of the way to get my picture taken, which I guess speaks to either my boundless optimism or utter, complete denial.

Perhaps my face is so expressive and always in motion with great reserves of feeling that it simply can't be captured easily with something as strict and specific as a camera shutter.


Yeah, that's it.

1 Comments:

Blogger LMR said...

This post made me think of a HOW TO... article Les and I laughed at some time ago. His mom is terribly unphotogenic -- either her eyes are just closing or her face is in some transistion expression between two smiles or she's flailing her arms around somehow. This HOW TO... doesn't make being photogenic seem easy, but it does give some great tips. http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Photogenic

The two rules I follow are: (1) pick a pose and hold it, and (2) always make the camera shoot down on you (better angle for my chin, and no up the nose shots).

For some reason, a lot of us think that random snapshots will turn out well (I blame Hollywood for that, somehow), but in fact, the best photos are always posed, everyone-looking-at-the-camera pictures. I'm a first child and first grandchild so I'm fairly photogenic (I've had a LOT of picture practice), yet the worst pictures of me are random shots taken at parties. Yikes!

Good luck! You will only get better with practice!

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters