Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'm Just Sayin

So I read with considerable interest that Rags to Riches, the Kentucky Oaks winner, will be taking on the boys in the Belmont Stakes on Saturday.Though I understand the connections' thinking on this-she's very athletic, her breeding says she can go the distance (her brother, Jazil, won the Belmont last year)and there's no Triple Crown on the line-I'm superstitious enough to wonder about the timing. That night the new ESPN movie "Ruffian" premieres on ABC. Ruffian, whose home track was Belmont, who broke down and had to be destroyed during a 'Battle of the Sexes' match race againest Foolish Pleasure at, where else?, Belmont. In fact, Ruffian is buried in the infield at Belmont so Rags to Riches will literally be running right past her grave. Now, I don't want to borrow trouble, I'm just saying the timing just kind of gives me the creeps. Fingers crossed it will be a exciting, safe day of racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters