Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ship of Fools, Store of Idiots

Sam at Circuit City getting her new CD player installed.

I go to drop off the car at 2 on my lunch break but the back door where you go for installation is locked but the bay door is open so I walk in the department but no one is there so I walk back out and go to the locked door and ring the bell but nobody comes so I ring the bell again and nobody comes and I ring the bell a third time and someone finally comes he takes a look at the car while I fill out the form and asks if I'm going to wait and I say no, I just work 3 stores down call me when it's done and I'll come down.

2 1/2 hours later.

I call the store and get their call routing machine which has 9 choices and when I choose the next one has 9 choices and we do this 2 more times before I speak to a human who says I have chosen incorrectly and tranfers my call to the right departement where it rings 20 times before I hang up swearing because I could have walked down there multiple times at this point.

So I walk down and back to the department where there is not surprisingly no one again so I ask one of the many greeter types if they can get me some help and they say Shawn will have to help you pointing to a guy with a customer and I say can someone else help me cause I gotta get back to work and they say no, he'll be right with you so I wait till he finishes and then explain I'm here to pick up my car is it ready cause no one ever called and he says yes, it is and gets the paperwork and an extra part that they didn't need which I can now return for full price but I can't do a return at the register in the departement where I paid for it I have to go the front of the store to Customer Service so I go up there and get my money back then come back to the department to find Shawn gone again and have to find someone else to let me out of the door by where my car is parked so I can rush back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence said...

Remember this is the chain of stores that fired people for making too much money (and are the most experanced). I assume someone at the company controls the pay rate. I bet they didn't lose their job.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters