Monday, January 19, 2009

Hope in an Envelope


I have loved The Oxford American for years. I've always been keenly interested in what 'The Southern Magazine of Good Writing' had to say.

For years it's been one of my absolute favorites. In flush years, I've been a subscriber. In lean ones, a newstand reader. But I never ever missed a Music Issue (can't miss a Music Issue!) and always harbored a dream to have a poem published in its pages. Finally! (How many years later?) I have one I think suitable and , more importantly, good enough. Tonight, I addressed and filled the envelope (SASE and all-so old school!). Such a small vessel to hold so much. Good thing hopes and dreams and wishes are so light or else I'd need a whole book of stamps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters