Saturday, January 17, 2009

Heaven is a Better Place Today


I was saddened by yesterday's news of death of Andrew Wyeth as he was one of my favorite painters. I liked him even more after visiting the bulk of his work at the Wyeth Museum in Chadd's Ford, PA and the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland, ME. Despite the harshness that often lurked in the corners of his paintings, there was a stark, weather beaten beauty to them as well which I always appreciated. He also gave one of the best compliments I have ever heard (rather surprising when you take into account his somewhat unconventional personal life) when asked about Christina Olson,the subject of his most famous painting, "Christina's World", he said of her, "she was just like blueberries to me." I think that is just so beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters