Saturday, July 28, 2007

Nerd Alert

I'm such a nerd.

I love, love to go to the library. My home branch where I go to write is brand new-full of blonde wood and those fancy yet simple lights that make every book look like one you want to read. But I actually prefer the downtown branch which is a little scruffier and way more diverse. There I like to make my rounds-seeing what books by my favorite authors are in, what the new releases are-before I go visit Porky.

Porky is the spiny porcupine fish that lives in the salt water tank in the children's services section. (Unfortunately there is no photo of the tank on the AADL website or else I would offer a link. I think he must be the happiest animal in all of Ann Arbor. He is certainly the friendliest fish I have ever met. No matter from what direction you approach the tank (it's shaped like an octagon) Porky will come swimming up to greet you. And, because he's wider than he is long, his swimming is more like underwater waddling. Though he's a fish and thus has no lips, I swear Porky smiles. And no matter how bad the day he so comical and winning you just can't help smiling back.

1 Comments:

Blogger LMR said...

How cute. I love that you go see a fish on every library visit. And I love friendly fish. This post makes me want to make a trip back to Ann Arbor just to see this friendly little guy. Also, I wouldn't mind eating at Seva and escaping our 100+ degree weather either. :)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters