Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hoyden Seeks Date

So I ordered tickets for the fall Ryan Adams show and they arrived today. (The TOP SECRET password for the presale was R-O-S-E. Considering the rose is the band logo I'd say TicketMaster gets zero spy points for that. Homeland Security, if the password guy applies for a job with you-say no.) And only now has Joe said he's not so interested. He didn't say I'm on my own exactly, it was more like "well, if there was somebody you know who wanted to go I wouldn't mind giving up my ticket cause I don't feel the need to see him every time." Joe's attitude towards Ryan might be best described as sitting way back in his seat with his arms folded saying 'show me'. He does like "Heartbreaker" though I think the part he likes best is actually the spoken word bit at the beginning which, you know, doesn't ever get played at shows.

So, I am considering other options including loyal blog readers. But before you throw your hat in the ring please consider the following carefully. I am a music fan. If you aren't, we probably wouldn't be a good match. In fact, I probably wouldn't even like you very much.

A few more things:

-If you want to drink fine-but I'm not buying. I'll also have very little patience for frequent bathroom trips. I paid for 2 seats, your butt should be in one.

-I'm not there to chat. That happens before and after, usually with lots of gestures cause live music gets me all psyched. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be whispered comments but God help you if your cell phone goes off.

-You don't have to be a Ryan expert but you probably should like him. Maybe it's because my budget is modest but I'm always amazed and annoyed by people who go to concerts by people they don't even like.


So, if you are going to be in the Metro Detroit area on September 22 and wish to be considered, drop me a comment. Please also name your favorite Ryan record and briefly explain why (there are no wrong answers except "Demolition").

1 Comments:

Blogger hellokitty9276 said...

you didn't offer to me first?!?!?!?

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters