Monday, March 26, 2007

I am Officially Old

I did not go to a rock and roll show last night because I was afraid I'd be too tired.


Yes, I am officially old.


I knew it already, of course. But it's heavy sigh inducing just the same.

Sure, there were many reasons why it wasn't a good idea-I had to work at 7am which means getting up at 5am, I had to go to the hospital immediately after work which can be trying even on a full night's sleep and the show was at a no curfew club with 2 bands before the one I was going to see (The Long Winters) but now I'm feeling more like 308 than 38. I'm scared to check out their website today for fear it'll proclaim the Ann Arbor show their best ever, scared it'll say they had live horns on "Teaspoon", hell, I'm scared it might say they're playing still.

I didn't go support a band I think is great, I missed a chance to tell John Broderick that "Scared Straight" pysches me up so much I once listened to it 18 times in a row before an important event, just because I thought I might be too tired the next day.

I am officially old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence said...

You will always be younger than me!

peace,

lkb

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit happens, just like getting old! My Popo lived to be 93 and he told me that, "you're only as old as you act." I miss shows because I'm afraid I'll be the oldest one there!
Big love, Mr Jones

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters