Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kismet in Action

As readers of this blog know I am a big fan of Megan Abbott's The Song is You. So much so after writing about it the last time I searched to see if she had an online home where I might reach her. Indeed she has a fine website with the all important Contact Me button. I e-mailed telling her, though she scarcely seems to need it, that there was more praise to be found here for both her book and her fine author photo, which manages to look like both Patty Griffin and Sylvia Plath-quite the trick. She e-mailed back pleased to be on the same page as Ron Jeremy and said she hoped I would come to her local events, mere days away. (Turns out she's originally from Michigan.) Then the next day I log on to find I have a new comment on the blog which turns out to be from Megan's mom! She was Googling her daughter's name and book title and came across me. She also encouraged me to come to the events but asked that I not tell Megan how I found out. (sorry Mom)

How fun is that? Mom trying to get butts in the seats for her girl. That such a sleazy book is giving me the warm fuzzies is funnier still. I'm having a great time at this event and it hasn't even started yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters