Saturday, January 06, 2007

Best and Worst of 2006

Happy New Year to All! Hope it's off to a good start. Looking back I have compiled my personal best and worst of 2006 ( I do so love the lists).

Worst

Graves Disease-ah, autoimmune disorders the gift that keeps on giving. 2006 was the year I got another one (because RA by itself just wasn't enough of a challenge) and lost a gland (goodbye dear thyroid!). Medical worries are bad in and of themselves but when you're in my income bracket it also leads to

Financial Worries-the worst of all. The wheels came off a couple of times in 2006 but I kept scrabbling away cause, really, what else can you do?

Hitcar Woes-as I have previously written my poor, poor car. Why must people keep hitting her? What has she done to anger them so?

Marathon Year postponed-2006 was declared our marathon year with me writing a book and my boyfriend training for a marathon. Due to injury and various other reasons these goals have been transferred to 2007. Go team!

Best

Jack Brady-because as Melanie says in "GWTW" "the best days are days when babies come" and because my boyfriend was asked to be the godfather ("Be my friend, Godfather").

Miraboy-the kitten that proved to be the best medicine of all. I know of few more frustrating things than having someone close to you struggling with depression (talk about having your hands tied) so anything that helps them get out of bed in the morning is a big win.

Thor-the man who came to change everything in the best possible way. I think everybody has a hard luck friend, when that luck turns it's time to rejoice.

Weddings-the plethora of summer weddings was also reason for rejoicing even if I did make fun of my constant reader status. It was a joke people!

Mike Jones-getting reacquainted with someone cool from your past is an excellent gift.

Derby Week-fun and games at home is always the best.

Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind-Sarah Weinman's blog provided me with loads of good reading in 2006. It's always a pleasure to meet another member of the Shel Silverstein cult.

Carly sleepover-three year olds make the best guests.

Dr. Arvan-being sick sucked but I did love meeting and being treated by the head of Internal Medicine at U of M. Give me a funny cursing doctor every time.

Tigers-their success made our summer (and fall!). The playoff game we attended where they took the Yankees down was one of the best group experiences ever.

Live Music-the fabulous shows we saw in 2006 well, rocked.

Joe's Birthday party-just the right amount of party for someone who didn't want a party at all.

Joe's Half Marathon-I love to watch him run and the company couldn't have been better.

Famous e-mail buddies-they make getting into your inbox worth it.


All in all 2006 was a mixed bag but when when you are with someone you love, even when it's a struggle, things are pretty good. Already in 2007 I have had all small repairs around the house completed, the carpet cleaned, oil changed, applied for a freelance writing job and donated 2 bags worth of old clothes. Not too shabby a start, we'll see how it holds up.

1 Comments:

Blogger thorrad said...

I am as ever happy to be the man who came to a friend and changed everything. I am astounded in only the best possible way to find myself on your best list this year. All I can say is that I look forward to meeting you in person and... Look forward to next years list.

Thor

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters