Saturday, December 02, 2006

Original Voices

If you are a Borders shopper you've probably seen the display at the front of your neighborhood store-Original Voices. It's a program orginated by the buyers here in Ann Arbor who wanted the opportunity to highlight new or emerging authors with a special display and discount. Then each year they take all of that year's featured titles, the company as a whole votes on the nominees and then a committee decides the winner from the nominees. My boyfriend is the head of the Nonfiction Committee and when he found out that the Young Adult/Independent Readers Committee was looking for members he suggested me and my friend, Terry. We got the nod and became the first two non Home Office people selected to serve.

(Yes, I realize it's a small honor but when it comes to honors I'm not picky.)

It's not the Nobel, of course, and the monatary prize is somewhat modest as those things go, but I like the idea of helping an author along. It's a good deed that's fun to do.

And, in case you're reading and wondering yes, I do know I am a nerd.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations!

I think YOU should get an award for your nerdiness!

Yer pal in ky

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters